The Inbay Podcast: How to calculate sales commission based on turnover and targets
Sales is the most effective way to ensure predictable growth for your MSP business, but are your sales team incentivised correctly to meet your growth targets?
Did you know 43% of workers would be willing to leave their companies for a 10% salary increase? You wouldn’t believe how many MSPs get it wrong when creating commission plans for their sales team.
Ensuring your front line team has the right commission plan in place is more important than ever for attracting and retaining employees. With this in mind Inbay has invited Tim Walker and Steve Stokes from Aura Technology, an £11m pa MSP, to share their expertise in calculating commission based on turnover and growth targets.
During this podcast you will discover
- Why MSPs need to pay commission
- How MSPs can use commission plans effectively
- What a good commission plan looks like for your MSP business
- What MSPs should be paying their sales team
- Tim Walker, Managing Director: is an entrepreneur and business leader in the technology sector, with over 20 years of experience in managed services. In late 2017 Tim launched Aura Technology. Aura is a mid-market focused MSP, which has grown in a short space of time organically and through acquisition to an £11m pa MSP, with a strong customer base in the public and private sectors.
- Steve Stokes, Operations Director: joined Aura in 2018 after having worked for Taylor Made Computer Solutions for 7 years. Steve also has over 10 years of experience in the technology sector.